Water Distribution Management
Level: NVQ II
Mode of Study: With employer
The skills covered in the Level 2 Diploma in Distribution Control include:
- Operating safely on the water distribution network
- Addressing and resolving customers’ water distribution related queries
- Carrying out valve operations on the water distribution network
- Determining the exact location of water loss using acoustic listening techniques
- Cleansing water mains
- Disinfecting water mains
- Carrying out sampling operations (bacteriological, chemical spot and flush)
- Measuring system performance using flow and pressure equipment
- Providing and maintaining emergency water supplies
The majority of learners’ evidence for the qualification must be generated from real work activities.
The Level 2 Diploma in Water Distribution Management is a competence-based qualification that allows learners to demonstrate the skills and knowledge required by distribution control engineers or technicians, who control distribution on the water supply network.